Third Sector New England (TSNE) provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focused on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
This position offers an opportunity to work with a team who is responsible for the payable functions in a dynamic, fast-paced team-based environment. The AP team provides accounting services for approximately 70 different nonprofit organizations (referred to as projects). The AP team is responsible for accounts payable processing functions as well as handling related administrative tasks and client inquiries. AP Accountants need to be flexible and skilled at multi-tasking to be successful with the varied and changing demands of the work and client needs. This is an entry level bookkeeping position.
Essential Job Functions
- Process invoices, purchase orders, reimbursement requests, and credit card reconciliations in accordance with TSNE policies;
- Ensure that all payments requests have required substantiation and project approval;
- Enter purchase orders and invoices for payment into accounting system.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries;
- Respond to project inquires relating to AP work;
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor;
- File vendor invoices.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business or equivalent experience required;
- Nonprofit accounting and Concur experience a plus;
- Proficiency using accounting software and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details;
- Ability to adhere to standard and organizational accounting protocols;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to function independently and work as part of a team;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds.
The salary range for this position is $40,750-$45,640. A generous benefits package is included.
We strongly encourage online applications.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter stating how their skills and experience match the requirements for this position. TSNE also accepts candidate materials sent by mail, fax or email. Send to: Third Sector New England; NonProfit Center, 7th floor; Attn: HR – 89 South Street; Boston, MA 02111 or Fax: 617.523.2070.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.