Third Sector New England (TSNE) provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focused on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
This position offers an opportunity to work with a team who is responsible for the receivable functions in a dynamic, fast-paced team-based environment. The AR team provides accounting services for approximately 70 different nonprofit organizations (referred to as projects). The AR team is responsible for accounts receivable, billing and deposit processing functions as well as handling related administrative tasks and client inquiries. The AR Accountant needs to be flexible and skilled at multi-tasking to be successful with the varied and changing demands of the work and client needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare invoices for review by manager;
- Submit invoices to customers for payment;
- Properly account for revenue recognition;
- Record and send notification of cash receipts received on behalf of projects;
- Prepare acknowledgment letters for contributions received;
- Contact customers about outstanding receivable balances;
- Work with manager to write off bad debt.
- Prepare journal entries;
- Provide direct project services as needed;
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of two years bookkeeping experience performing accounts receivable and billing functions;
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business or equivalent experience required;
- Nonprofit accounting experience, a plus;
- Proficiency using accounting software and spreadsheets;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details;
- Ability to adhere to standard and organizational accounting protocols;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to function independently and work as part of a team;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds.
Starting salary range is $48,380-$54,190. Generous benefits package included.
We strongly encourage online applications. To apply, please visit:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter stating how their skills and experience match the requirements for this position. TSNE also accepts candidate materials sent by mail, fax or email. Send to: Third Sector New England; NonProfit Center, 7th floor; Attn: HR – 89 South Street; Boston, MA 02111 or Fax: 617.523.2070.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.