yogaHope is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing rehabilitative trauma-informed mind-body programming to women across the globe. yogaHope strives to lead women toward empowerment and recovery by cultivating mindfulness through yoga, meditation and non-judgemental self-inquiry. Already hundreds of women have experienced the benefits of yogaHope’s Trauma Informed Mind Body (TIMBo) program, and are starting to health themselves through personal empowerment.
The Administrative Assistant and Grant Writer will identify, define and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities. The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources. Some administrative record keeping and communication will also be required. This position will report to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead in grant writing, fundraising and contract execution for domestic and international service projects;
- Collaborate in planning, execution and follow through of domestic and international service projects.
- Collaborative with the development team for TIMBo method integration models;
- Coordinate interviews and focus groups for gaining knowledge of potential method integration.
- Communicate with facilitators to ensure pre- and post-test submission;
- Communicate with researchers to ensure group information is being submitted;
- Collaborate in meetings for continued development of TIMBo/yogaHOPE models and materials (books, scientific articles, clinician workshops, etc.);
- Grant collaboration for continued programming and research.
- Responsible for evaluation of pilot projects/collaborate with development team;
- Collaboration on composing reports;
- Focus groups and interview with group participants/agency personnel.
- Oversee all administrative components of licensing, renewal and continuing education;
- Oversee all administrative components of programming;
- Oversee administrative components of trainings and workshops.
- Creative collaboration with researchers and other agencies in creating broader access opportunities for TIMBo.
- Grant research and writing for organizational capacity building;
- Collaborative grant research and writing for program development and dissemination.
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and organized;
- Ability to work flexible hours from remote locations (home, travel, etc.);
- Ability to understand ambiguity as an essential part of the creative and developmental process.
- Bachelor’s degree or have worked in a related discipline with a minimum of three years of related experience;
- Proven track record in grant writing and program development;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be proficient in research, interpreting and analyzing data;
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve the goals.
We strongly encourage people of color and others, who will bring a strong commitment to, and previous success, supporting populations of diverse cultural perspectives, to apply.
This is a part-time position (10 hours per week).
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We do accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Third Sector New England
NonProfit Center, 7th floor
Attn: HR – 89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.896-9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE/yogaHope will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and veteran or disability status.