The Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR) project, a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, organizes recovering individuals, families, and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recovery from alcohol and other addictions. MOAR Values: Faces and Voices of Recovery – Visible, Vocal, Valuable.
The MOAR Administrative Assistant provides administrative, billing, and operational support to the MOAR Executive Director and Operations Manager.
Essential Job Functions
General secretarial and clerical functions (i.e. typing, telephone, faxing, copying, computer work, etc.):
- Answers telephone calls efficiently and routing them appropriately;
- Maintains the filing system on a regular basis;
- Prepare staff meeting minutes;
- Keeps inventory of office supplies;
- Types/faxes accurately and in a timely manner;
- Makes calls as specified to membership and others for meetings;
- Routinely answers, routes, and sends e-mails;
- Maintain staff directory;
- Ship resources when necessary;
- Manage mailing lists;
- Prepare monthly board meeting minutes;
- Contact members, volunteers, and others to invite to meetings and events;
- Executes bulk mail projects and other routine mailings.
Administrative support to the Executive Director and Operations Manager:
- Reconcile and submit monthly expenses and reimbursements via Concur for specific staff and Executive Director;
- Record and deliver donations and membership dues to TSNE MissionWorks;
- Send “Thank you” letters to donors;
- Submit vendor invoice check requests and monitor approval status via Concur;
- Submit BSAS quarterly report answers to Operations Manager;
- Assist in the management of volunteers and Interns.
ATR & Optum Billing:
- Accept referrals through ATR and Optum software or e-mail and forward to ED;
- Work with Recovery Coach Supervisor and Coaches to ensure vouchers are current;
- Ensure voucher renewals are submitted as needed;
- Complete weekly ATR and Optum billing;
- Submit a weekly ATR and Optum report (Excel spreadsheet);
- Organize and maintain ATR and Optum file cabinet.
- Requires a Massachusetts CORI background check;
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of one year continuous abstinence required;
- High school diploma required;
- Experience in clerical, administrative, and billing services;
- Typing speed a minimum of 60 wpm;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher , Access PowerPoint, and all social media platforms;
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to learn new computer systems and programs with minimal direction;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to adapt to change and handle multiple tasks/assignments simultaneously;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Great filing skills;
- Knowledge and experience with addiction recovery preferred;
- One year of continuous abstinence and able to pass a CORI required if in personal recovery.
This is a full-time, benefitted position. The salary range is $40,000-$45,000.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
NonProfit Center, 7th floor
Attn: HR – 89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.896-9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/MOAR will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.