TSNE MissionWorks (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE MissionWorks is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
The Administrative Associate performs functions that support the work of TSNE MissionWorks’ Programs team. In this role, the Administrative Associate will report to the Director of Programs and be primarily responsible for supporting the administrative needs of the Director of Programs, Senior Consultant (OD) and Executive Search Manager. In addition, the Administrative Associate will also support projects and staff members related to the work of the Program Department, which includes the Client Engagement Team; Consulting and Executive Transitions; Human Resource and Organizational Development consulting; Leadership and Learning, and Fiscal Sponsorship program related functions.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION
No direct reports
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee time management and systems for the department, such as Salesforce and Concur;
- Manage all logistics related to scheduled meetings and trainings:
- Prepare materials such as agendas;
- Take notes during meetings, provide minutes;
- Confirm logistical details as needed;
- Complete all event planning, such as ordering food and supplies;
- Scheduling and facilitating phone conferences.
- Assist with drafting, formatting, and proofing documents in preparation for business meetings and trainings;
- Act as liaison with public, client organizations, executive search candidates and consultants, ensuring timely written and verbal responses to requests for information;
- Format and design branded materials;
- Take shared responsibility for meeting all operational needs of the Programs team including providing back up to team members as needed.
Search and Executive Transition Support
- Submit and post client position descriptions on job board websites and listservs;
- Maintain up-to-date promotional and other background materials. Prepare and send packets to prospective clients as requested by ES staff and consultants;
- Proof read all job profiles before posting; ensure profiles are posted on TSNE Website in a timely manner;
- Prepare and send outreach emails to sources;
- Follow up with candidates who do not provide or properly upload required documents;
- Coordinate logistics for client meetings and interviews taking place on-site;
- Provide interview scheduling assistance as needed;
- Provide technical assistance to consultants and client transition team members accessing data through our systems and in other ways as needed.
- Assist with special projects upon request of the Director of Programs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
(We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below).
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in an administrative capacity in a nonprofit environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly detail-oriented with the capacity to multi-task, prioritize and work both independently and as part of a team environment;
- Advanced computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Outlook, MS Office Suite, and enterprise databases such as Salesforce;
- Prior experience working in executive search or recruiting ideal but not required;
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment as a part of a growing, high-performing team;
- Demonstrates professionalism, good humor, patience, and the ability to handle stress;
- Demonstrates commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion, both internally and externally.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction;
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Move, Traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); reach with hands and arms; occasionally Ascend/Descend; and position self (to), move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
We strongly encourage online applicants. Please submit your resume and cover letter below.
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.