Thursday, June 1, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Participants are required to have completed TSNE's Effective Supervision workshop in order to take Advanced Supervision.
Presented by: Lyn Freundlich and Joanne Horgan
Fee: $109* + $15 materials fee (lunch is included)
Successful supervisors skillfully adapt their own style to meet the needs of each individual they supervise. Decoding how much direction, feedback and autonomy staff needs is part of the equation. The other part is identifying and practicing supervisory skills and behaviors associated with styles that don’t necessarily come naturally.
This highly participatory and reflective training takes a deeper look at concepts discussed in TSNE's Effective Supervision workshop. Participants will:
- Find out what other leadership models offer and consider the ways traditional leadership models apply to supervision
- Examine specific communications skills associated with each supervisory style
- Consider different approaches to decision making
- Learn more about performance management
- Practice new behaviors to enhance supervisory repertoire
Come prepared to actively participate!
About the Presenters
Lyn Freundlich oversees the operational and personnel aspects of TSNE, ensuring that internal customers receive the support and services they need in order to meet their mission-driven goals. In addition, she provides employee relations and other human resources-oriented consultation to TSNE clients. Lyn has 20 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, primarily in volunteer and human resources. She also served as the executive director for Countdown to Kindergarten, a Boston-based community collaborative. Lyn has a B.A. from Oberlin College and a master’s degree in organization and management from Antioch University of New England.
Joanne Horgan has more than 20 years of experience in a wide range of human resources functions, including employee relations, training, performance management, policies and procedures development, and legal compliance. She currently supports 18 non-profit clients, each with varied missions, staffing and programs.
* If your organization is a tenant of the NonProfit Center, a TSNE Fiscal Sponsorship project, or an Inclusion Initiative grantee please contact email@example.com before registering to request a scholarship rate of $40.00 ($25.00 training fee + $15.00 materials fee). Scholarships are limited, and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis; maximum 1 per organization per workshop.
Unless otherwise noted, all workshops are held at TSNE's NonProfit Center, conveniently located in Downtown Boston at 89 South Street, Boston 02111 near South Station. For detailed directions please visit http://www.nonprofitcenterboston.org/directions