The Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR), a fiscally-sponsored program of TSNE MissionWorks, organizes recovering individuals, families, and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recovery from alcohol and other addictions.
The AREAS & Recovery Coach Supervisor oversees, supports, coordinates, implements, evaluates, and promotes performance and all aspects of recovery coaching and addiction recovery education access services within MOAR.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of Recovery Coach and AREAS program;
- Recruit volunteers for the Recovery Coach program;
- Maintain schedules and see that protocols are being followed;
- Coordinate ongoing training and support for recovery coaches;
- Provide one-on-one and group performance support to Recovery Coaches and AREAS facilitators;
- Oversee scheduled learning community training meetings;
- Monitor “customer” satisfaction of coaches and recoverees;
- Outreach to the community and promote the Recovery Coach program;
- Collaborate with community-based service providers;
- Develop community resources;
- Responsible for evaluation, data tracking, report writing, and record keeping;
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field desired or Associates degree and two years’ experience may be substituted;
- Certificate of completion from the Recovery Coach Supervisor course;
- Expertise in recovery coaching;
- Experience with program management;
- Capacity to provide performance support for recovery coaches and AREAS Facilitators;
- Familiarity with recovery community services and resources;
- Capability of building an effective coach-recoveree relationship;
- Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries;
- Cross-cultural skills and experience with culturally diverse populations;
- Exceptional computer skills including database management.
Salary and Hours
This is a part-time position for 17 hours per week and is paid $30.00 per hour.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Third Sector New England
NonProfit Center, 7th floor
Attn: HR – 89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.896-9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Massachusetts Organization for Addiction and Recovery (MOAR) will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status