Third Sector New England's Emerging Consultants Training will engage a diverse learning community of social change leaders who are interested in increasing their understanding of organizational development and building consulting skills to support organizations that engage in social justice/movement building/social change work.
The Emerging Consultants Training will provide organizational development (OD) practical frameworks, collaborative learning, and mentoring to participants. We believe that supporting the knowledge and skills building of social change leaders will help build the capacity of organizations and increase the transformative impact of organizational development consulting.
Through the training participants will gain:
- An increased understanding of organizational development frameworks and tools
- A deep understanding of individual skills and strengths related to organizational capacity building
- Concrete knowledge about the field of consulting, including how to set up consulting engagements, the consulting scoping process, and more
- Practical frameworks for engaging social change clients
- Access to a depository of supplementary materials & resources
- Coaching through real-life participant-identified consulting engagements
- A learning community of social change activists and leaders interested in organizational capacity building
Who is this program for? Social justice activists and leaders who are interested in creating an inclusive learning community to advance skills and knowledge about organizational development and consulting and are from communities most impacted by racial, economic, and social disparities. There is limited space available and careful consideration will be given to the development of the pilot cohort. Our recruitment process looked for:
- 8 years or more experience in social change/movement-focused organizations or groups
- Interest in supporting organizations/groups to achieve their long term goals through improving organizational capacity
- Some exposure to consulting or coaching
- Deep roots to the communities most impacted by social change/movement focused work
The program will launch in September 2015 and end in May 2016. The program structure involves three main components: 5 in-person training sessions, coaching through a consulting engagement, and participation in a learning network.
The Emerging Consultants Training will launch in September 2015. There will be five half day training sessions between September and November 2015, coaching sessions, and three learning network gatherings to connect about the application of learnings, the consulting engagement, and more. Sessions will be held at the NonProfit Center, 89 South Street, Boston Mass. 02111.
Saturday, September 12, 2015: 10am-4pm
Wednesday, September 30, 2015: 3-8pm
Wednesday, October 14, 2015: 3-8pm
Wednesday, October 28, 2015: 3-8pm
Saturday, November 7, 2015: 10am-4pm + Closing Celebration
January-May, 2016: Three Learning Network Gatherings (TBD)
Jeremy Phillips and Roosevelt Smith, TSNE Consultants
How to apply
Application for the program is closed. You can still contact us through our form.