Tuesday, February 13, 2018
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
(This workshop is full)
Presented by: Lyn Freundlich and Joanne Horgan
Training Fee: $109 + $15 materials fee* (full-day, lunch is included)
Effective supervision contributes directly to mission effectiveness for your nonprofit. It is critical to maintaining a productive staff in the face of shifting and competing priorities. Strong supervision creates a culture of mutual respect in which employees and supervisors communicate regularly and clearly about job-related expectations, tasks and overall performance.
Through this highly participatory training designed for supervisors with all levels of experience, you will:
- Identify your preferred supervisory style
- Learn to recognize what supervisory approaches are most effective under different conditions
- Consider when to adapt your style and practice doing so
- Strengthen a variety of critical forms of supervisory communication
Target audience: Supervisors with all levels of experience.
About the Presenters
Lyn Freundlich oversees the operational and personnel aspects of TSNE MissionWorks, ensuring that internal customers receive the support and services they need in order to meet their mission-driven goals. In addition, she provides employee relations and other human resources-oriented consultation to TSNE clients. Lyn has 20 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, primarily in volunteer and human resources. She also served as the executive director for Countdown to Kindergarten, a Boston-based community collaborative. Lyn has a B.A. from Oberlin College and a master’s degree in organization and management from Antioch University of New England.
Joanne Horgan has more than 20 years of experience in a wide range of human resources functions, including employee relations, training, performance management, policies and procedures development, and legal compliance. She currently supports 18 nonprofit clients, each with varied missions, staffing and programs.
Unless otherwise noted, all workshops are held at the NonProfit Center in the 2nd Floor Community Conference Center, conveniently located in Downtown Boston at 89 South Street, Boston 02111 near South Station. For detailed directions please visit http://www.nonprofitcenterboston.org/directions
* If your organization is a tenant of the NonProfit Center, a TSNE MissionWorks Fiscal Sponsorship project, or an Inclusion Initiative grantee, please contact email@example.com before registering to request a scholarship rate of $40.00 ($25.00 training fee + $15.00 materials fee). Scholarships are limited, and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis; maximum 1 per organization per workshop.