RESCheduled to april 11, 2018
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Presented by: Anne Peyton, CFRE and Jenn Hayslett
Training fee: $109* (full-day, lunch is included)
Fundraising succeeds on knowing our donors well. Learn to engage your donors in meaningful ways to match donor philanthropic goals with organizational mission and outcomes.
This lively workshop emphasizes a donor-centered approach to strengthening a successful nonprofit development program.
Join TSNE MissionWorks’ highly rated trainers, Anne Peyton, CFRE and Jenn Hayslett, for an interactive and engaging day.
Through the training you will learn how to:
- Identify elements of a culture of philanthropy and integrate it into your organization’s DNA
- Work through a comprehensive stewardship assessment towards developing your organization’s donor-centered stewardship program by focusing on what donors tell us they value
- Practice booking donor appointments to get out the door and strategies for planning your time to balance office demands with donor visits.
- Gather information from your donors through surveys, design and manage conversations, and plan next ‘touches’ to turn donors into lifetime investors.
- Emphasize donor stories and fundraising success in your materials and social media
- Practical ways to engage the Executive Director and the board in fundraising and development
You’ll be asked to bring a few examples of donors for practice (without sharing names).
We will be sending materials ahead of time so that you get the most out of your workshop day—including homework to bring in with you.
Target audience: Executive Directors, nonprofit staff, and board members who wants to strengthen fundraising skills and knowledge. This program gives you a comprehensive overview for what you need to know to develop a donor-centered program.
Structure: With handouts, lecture, dialogue, interactive sessions, individual exercises, and work in groups and pairs.
About the Presenters
Jenn Hayslett is a creative development professional with 25 years of leadership experience as a community organizer, marketer, teacher, fundraiser, and coach, working with individuals and nonprofits. Jenn’s deep nonprofit experience includes heading capital campaigns, management of annual funds, leading major gifts efforts, designing donor stewardship programs, writing successful grants, and leading volunteers. Jenn’s specialty is in supporting small and mid-sized nonprofits in building and improving relationship-based fund development programs through board trainings and development coaching.
As a coach and consultant, Jenn supports individuals and organizations in clarifying their vision, designing an action plan, and holding them accountable in delivering their promise to the world. www.jennhayslett.com.
Anne Peyton, CFRE is the owner of Yellow Brick Road™ and has worked in and with nonprofits for more than 35 years. She has been a watch officer at Hurricane Island Outward Bound, a medical and academic librarian, and major gift officer at Dartmouth College.
Since 1989, Yellow Brick Road™ has worked with a variety of social benefit, nonprofits: conservation and the environment, youth, education (K-12 public, private and higher education), the arts, cultural organizations, museums, hospitals, health care, social service agencies, professional associations, and more. The metaphor of Dorothy and fellow travelers on the yellow brick road in the Wizard of Oz tells the story of our philosophy of service, strengthening intuitive knowledge and expanding expertise within organizations to fulfill their missions to make the world a better place.
YBR focuses on board governance, organizational development, strategic planning, and fund raising, with facilitation, training, and coaching as additional areas of expertise. A grants management program offers services from one-time funding searches to full-scale grants management. www.yellowbrickroadconsulting.com.
Unless otherwise noted, all workshops are held at the NonProfit Center in the 2nd Floor Community Conference Center, conveniently located in Downtown Boston at 89 South Street, Boston 02111 near South Station. For detailed directions please visit http://www.nonprofitcenterboston.org/directions
* If your organization is a tenant of the NonProfit Center, a fiscally sponsored project or grantee of TSNE MissionWorks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before registering to request a scholarship rate of $25.00. Scholarships are limited, and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis; maximum 1 per organization per workshop.