Description of Organization
The Carrot Project works at the forefront of change by helping to create a sustainable local farm and food economy. Our work facilitates access to financing and business support so that today’s small farm and food businesses can grow into thriving, enduring enterprises. We make long-term investments in the building blocks of the food system that contribute to healthful food for consumers, a replenished environment, and strengthened regional and local economies.
The Client Services Coordinator is a hub to coordinate services and communication between clients, staff, consultants, and peer organizations. The Client Services Coordinator helps develop and implement work with farmers and food processors including business assistance, financing, and trainings and as well as new program development; organizes all aspects of client services including: planning, marketing and outreach, client communications, support the loan review committee and business advisors, tracking and evaluation. This temporary, part-time position reports to the Executive Director and averages 15 hours per week from April through July.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect and track client data accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensure clear and timely client communication and processes with staff, business advisors, loan review committee, and partnering organizations
- Coordinate outreach and social media with communications staff
- Coordinate tradeshow logistics, event evaluation, and coverage with staff and volunteers
- Effectively represent The Carrot Project to clients, partners, and referral organizations
- Experience conducting marketing or outreach activities within the agricultural sector
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service
- Knowledge of agriculture and working landscapes sectors
- Effective oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop cohesive and concise narratives
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability to influence others, moving them to action
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and program targets, and to manage workload
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the local food and agriculture community
- Skilled with MS Office applications. Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience using CRMs (MS Dynamics)
- Ability to work remotely, using personal office equipment (phone, computer, etc.)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel within New England and the Hudson Valley
We strongly encourage online applications. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing how your background meets this position’s requirements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Apply by mail to: TSNE MissionWorks, Attn: Employment Manager, NonProfit Center, 89 South Street Suite 700, Boston, MA 02111; or send by fax to: 617.523.2070
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks and The Carrot Project will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.