For over a decade, the Building Movement Project (BMP), a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, has been advancing the potential for nonprofit organizations to have an impact on building movements for progressive social change. We learn by listening to groups and leaders about what it takes for organizations to align their social justice principles with their operating practices. Our research and practical resources help organizations innovate to meet the needs of the communities they serve and face the challenges of the external environment. BMP concentrates on the following three main focus areas in order to accomplish our goals and advance social change:
- Leadership: Analyzing how organizations can do their best work, encourage diverse leaders at every level, and promote the most effective and inclusive practices.
- Service and Social Change: Developing the capacity of organizations to engage constituents in changing the systems that impact them.
- Movement Building: Acknowledging and building on the distinct role of nonprofit organizations in advancing movements for social change.
The Communications and Administrative Intern will be part of a small, fast-paced staff based in New York City that works closely with our national group of advisors, the BMP Project Team. The Intern will work to assist BMP to best leverage and expand its online presence while also supporting the administrative functions of the organization. This position offers flexible work hours.
Essential Job Functions
More specifically, the Communications and Administrative Intern will:
- Provide content development support:
- Help staff maintain and develop BMP’s website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, editorial accounts, and media campaigns;
- Gather, monitor, and analyze web-based data:
- Help track research and performance analytics and create reports that draw conclusions on performance, providing recommendations for campaign optimization;
- Provide administrative assistance including:
- Accounts Payable and Receivable tracking.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with online networks (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle a wide range of tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently, follow through and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with multiple work styles, and a courteous, professional work style, even under pressure;
- Strong communication, writing and proof-reading skills;
- Strong interest in gaining experience in a social justice-oriented nonprofit environment.
This is a part-time position at approximately 16 hours per week, and located in New York City. The compensation rate is $15/hr.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Attn: Employment Manager
89 South Street Suite 700
Boston, MA 02111
Or fax to: 617.896.9393.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/ Building Movement Project will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.