TSNE MissionWorks (formerly Third Sector New England) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE MissionWorks is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
The Communications and Public Relations Associate has as its primary responsibility: to help foster and maintain a positive public image for TSNE MissionWorks, promoting its mission, services, programs, and projects both internally to TSNE MissionWorks, and externally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONs
As a member of the Communications Team, this position works closely with the Communications Director to build, enhance and maintain TSNE MissionWorks’ public relations, marketing and outreach efforts including:
- Design and implement effective marketing and outreach campaigns that increase awareness of TSNE MissionWorks’ brand and program portfolio;
- Execute media relations activities and assist with the planning and execution of special events that engage the public and our partners; Assist with effort to maintain relationships with targeted media on behalf of TSNE MissionWorks and its programs and services;
- Work with Communications Team members in developing and producing high-value communications resources across multiple channels, including blog posts, presentations, white papers, infographics and other materials as required;
- Monitor external news media channels and reporting on key issues speaking to TSNE MissionWorks programs and services, creating media clips, reports and other appropriate materials to forward its work and/or to proactively respond with a TSNE MissionWorks’ perspective;
- Maintain current media contact lists and related sources;
- Monitor social media and digital marketing sources and trends;
- Maintain editorial calendar and coach and support content providers to ensure content is aligned with TSNE MissionWorks’ brand position and desired messaging;
- Lead efforts to evaluate the effectiveness of media programs, in collaboration with appropriate departments, including consideration of analytics and KPI;
- Perform additional duties and project work as needed.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 4-6 years of agency and/or internal public relations, communications and/or marketing experience;
- Strong media relations experience;
- Strong writing, proofreading (AP style), verbal and written communication skills and documented accomplishments and experience;
- Ability to work independently in an organized, proactive and creative manner, while at the same time, collaborating with other resources and staff;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and workloads across varied programs and services;
- Experience working with a range of digital and social media tools and platforms, along with strong presentation software skills (PowerPoint or similar), database and CRM tools (Salesforce or similar) and research skills in public relations platforms (Cision, Quora or similar systems);
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite is highly desired;
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and promoting diversity, inclusion and equity in all communications, both internally and externally;
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs, and personalities, and as well, to develop and promote culturally sensitive communications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction;
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Move, Traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); Reach with hands and arms; occasionally Ascend/Descend, and position self (to), move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Online applications are encouraged. Please submit your resume and cover letter below.
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.