Active Living By Design (ALBD), a fiscally sponsored project of Third Sector New England, works to create healthier communities by addressing policies, systems, and the built environment. We recognize that place and social determinants of health are primary influences on behavior. Since 2002, we have helped create healthier places in rural, suburban, and urban communities and at local, regional, state, and national scales.
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager (CMM), the Communications Assistant will work with the CMM to enhance ALBD’s marketing and outreach efforts and position our organization as a vital thought leader in the healthy communities field. This undergraduate or graduate student position is temporary (end is to be determined) and is part-time for 12-15 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
The Communications Assistant will:
- Analyze the impact of ALBD’s communications efforts by using Google Analytics, MailChimp, social media metrics, and other data sources;
- Research and define audience segments to improve ALBD’s messaging strategy and content reach;
- Support ALBD’s social media efforts on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter by utilizing Buffer, Bitly, ClicktoTweet, and other social tools;
- Provide multimedia support, including audio transcription and file conversions.
- Strong writing and proofing skills. Academic and/or professional samples required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), and Google Analytics;
- Proficiency with social media applications, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Bachelor’s candidate or graduate in communications, journalism, public health, English, or a related field preferred;
- Experience in audio transcription and video creation and editing a plus;
- Bilingual English & Spanish a plus.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task with confidence and meet deadlines;
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated, optimistic, and thrives in a team environment while also able to work independently;
- Customer-service oriented;
- Interest in healthy communities;
- Passion for and personal commitment to healthy living.
The pay rate for this position is $15-22 per hour, depending on education and experience.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage online applications. Please include your resume and cover letter with your submission.
We accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Third Sector New England
NonProfit Center, 7th floor
Attn: HR – 89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.523.2070
Inquiries can be directed to: Sarah_Moore@activelivingbydesign.org
As an EOE/AA employer, Active Living By Design/TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.