Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Active Living By Design (ALBD), a fiscally sponsored program of Third Sector New England, advances community-led action and proven, place-based strategies to ensure health and well-being for all. We are strategic partners for communities, and those who invest in them, helping turn visions of health into equitable and lasting impact. At local, state, and national scales, we connect community leaders with inspiring success stories, lessons learned, and each other to deepen their capacity as change makers. Drawing on our experience supporting hundreds of partnerships, we strengthen assets and enhance efforts to grow an enduring culture of health and well-being. Learn more about ALBD at our website.
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager (CMM), the Communications Student Intern will work with the CMM to enhance ALBD’s marketing and outreach efforts by assisting in the creation of a social media plan to position our organization as a vital thought leader in the field of healthy communities. This temporary position is for June/July with the option to continue into the fall semester.
Essential Job Functions
The Communications Student Intern will:
- Analyze the impact of ALBD’s communications efforts by using Google Analytics, MailChimp, social media metrics, and other data sources;
- Research audience segments to improve ALBD’s messaging strategy and content reach;
- Support ALBD’s social media efforts on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook by using Buffer, Bitly, RightRelevance, ClicktoTweet, and other social media tools;
- Provide multimedia support, including image file organization and file conversions.
The hourly rate for this position is between $15-$22 per hour, depending on education and experience.
- Undergraduate or graduate student in communications, marketing, journalism, public health, English, or a related field;
- Strong writing and proofing skills;
- Proficiency in:
- Google Analytics;
- Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook);
- Social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook).
- Familiarity with:
- Experience in video creation and editing a plus;
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to multi-task with confidence and meet deadlines;
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Self-motivated, optimistic, and thrives in a team environment while also able to work independently;
- Customer-service oriented;
- Interest in healthy communities;
- Passion for and personal commitment to healthy living.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage online applications. A resume, cover letter, and an academic or professional writing sample are required.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Apply by mail to: Third Sector New England, Attn: Employment Manager, NonProfit Center, 89 South Street, Boston, MA 02111; or send by fax to: 617.896.9393.
Any questions can be directed to: Sarah_Moore@activelivingbydesign.org
As an EOE/AA employer, Active Living By Design/TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.