The Financial Transparency Coalition (FTC) is a global network of civil society, governments, and experts. We have presences in Berlin, Brussels, Buenos Lima, London, Nairobi and New Delhi, and our international secretariat is located in Washington, DC. The FTC uses its wide reach and deep expertise to curtail illicit financial flows. By promoting concrete measures to create more transparency in the financial system, we work to address the systemic issues that stifle economic development. Since its inception in 2009, the FTC and its members have successfully mobilized governments and civil society stakeholders to take action against illicit financial flows while advocating for a more transparent financial system that better serves for financing development. FTC is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks (TSNE).
The FTC seeks a motivated temporary, full-time Conference Planner to support the planning of the seventh Financial Transparency Conference. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an influential coalition on financial transparency, an issue that has the attention of high-level policy makers across the globe. The Conference Planner will be responsible for planning, together with coalition staff, and event-managing the Coalition’s conference and surrounding meetings taking place the week of October 23, 2017 in Helsinki, Finland.
The Conference Planner will report to the coalition’s Director, located in Washington D.C., and work with coalition members and the local conference partner organization based around the globe.
Essential Job Functions
- Function as the day-to-day project manager for overall conference planning process and serve as a primary point of contact for the event;
- Manage all logistics for the event and surrounding meetings, including travel and accommodation for coalition funded participants and coordinating with event venue to ensure correct room setup, technical support, meals, etc.;
- Support management and tracking of conference budget and work with FTC Finance and Grants Manager to ensure that the conference budget is on track and vendor contracts adequately reflect event/meeting logistical needs;
- Support the Director and Policy Coordinator in the process of inviting and confirming conference speakers;
- Onsite event management for conference and side meetings, including support to the Press & Digital Media Officer, who will be organizing a journalist training, and support to the Director, who will be organizing funder and government meetings.
- Must be able to be in Helsinki, Finland October 20-27, 2017.
Compensation & Hours
This is a full-time, temporary position that starts immediately and ends October 31, 2017. The salary range for this position is between $45,000-$50,000, depending on experience.
- Experience planning multi-day conferences with more than 100 participants from remote location;
- Experience planning events with international participants, including coordinating travel and hotel bookings;
- Must be flexible, able to multitask, and pro-actively problem solve and think of creative solutions to problems or potential problems;
- Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently follow up on details;
- Ability to work independently with little instruction;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in coalition environment;
- Interest in working on international affairs, especially financial transparency, international institutions, and taxation.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
NonProfit Center, 7th floor
Attn: HR – 89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.896-9393
If you are interested or have any questions, please email email@example.com using “FTC Conference Planner” as the subject of your email.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE/FTC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and veteran or disability status.