TSNE MissionWorks provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE MissionWorks is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focused on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
As the Consulting and Executive Transition Associate, you will provide services and support in organizational development and capacity building, including organizational assessments, strategic planning, sustainability planning, board development, and support for executive transition consulting projects. Working closely with the rest of the Consulting and Executive Transition team, you will ensure that TSNE MissionWorks’ clients are well supported.
Essential Job Functions
Consulting and Training
- Provide consulting services to clients as a TSNE MissionWorks staff consultant in, but not limited to: board development, organizational assessment, organizational development, strategic thought partnering, executive transitions, and participatory management styles;
- Ensure engagements are well managed with a client-oriented perspective, in partnership with the program team;
- Ensure that high quality, responsive, and culturally competent consulting services are delivered;
- Work closely with the Executive Transition team in supporting executive transitions;
- Work collaboratively with the TSNE MissionWorks Training team to design and deliver trainings on topics related to organizational development/sustainability;
- Support the work of the Consulting and Executive Transition team, including the development and management of the consultant pools;
- Market services and build partnerships using existing and new networks; develop new client relationships;
- Perform client scoping as needed;
- Serve as a thought partner and work in collaboration with program team members and other staff throughout the organization to lift and share lessons learned;
- Problem solve and trouble shoot with program team and others, as needed;
- Manage and update information and communication in TSNE MissionWorks data with regards to consulting engagements.
- Minimum ten years of experience in non-profit organization(s), preferably in leadership roles required; a minimum of five years of experience managing projects, ideally in nonprofit social justice settings preferred;
- Minimum three years of experience in management or organizational development consulting required;
- Demonstrable knowledge of organizational theory and practices, assessment, group dynamics, and facilitation techniques, especially in a nonprofit context;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Commitment to participatory management and shared leadership practices;
- Experience working in the social justice, racial and economic equity, or related field strongly preferred;
- Expertise working with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrable skills in utilizing culturally competent frameworks required;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple, competing priorities;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment;
- Ability to travel as necessary.
This position is for you if you…
- Want to be part of a mission or social cause-based organization. Our projects focus on things like community boat building, farm to institution networks, financial transparency, women in software, eradicating youth homelessness, immigrant success, teaching kids to be chefs, public health, keeping childhood commercial free, among others. While you won’t be working directly with these organizations, the work you do will provide support for the work they do;
- Would like to work somewhere that truly has a supportive culture - we’re not just saying it – we make decisions thinking about the whole person. We have a strong belief in, and advocate for, a healthy work- life balance;
- Enjoy being challenged and thinking on your feet. While we’ve been around for a while (since 1959), our organization is, in many ways, entrepreneurial. We’ll want to hear from you about how best to address things as they come up;
- Do whatever it takes—from presenting to executives to sharing a cup of coffee with a receptionist to better understand the impact of changes to those on the front lines. There are approximately 60 staff and we mix it up a lot, whether in the lunchroom, at interdepartmental meetings, or monthly staff updates;
- Like to be part of a team and work with colleagues (sometimes) or leaders (other times) when your work requires it. We definitely like the group process, but value those who are able to think for themselves;
- Like to lead by influence rather than by command;
- Are curious! When you see a problem, you ask questions, seek to understand fundamental drivers and outliers, and work to understand root causes before coming to a solution;
- Challenge the status quo and resolve conflict, all while having lunch together;
- Can prioritize competing interests;
- Believe that transparency helps to facilitate ownership, and enjoy sharing information and communicating with others.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please include a resume and cover letter.
We do accept applications by mail or fax. Send to: Third Sector New England; NonProfit Center, 7th floor; Attn: HR – 89 South Street; Boston, MA 02111 or Fax: 617.523.2070
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.