Third Sector New England provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support strong, healthy communities. With a staff of nonprofit professionals, TSNE is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant and grantmaker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services. Our work also complements that of the funding community and other capacity builders.
The Contracts Administrator (Administrator) works in support of the missions of small and medium affiliated sized nonprofits, called Projects, as well as TSNE as an organization, in a dynamic, fast-paced team-based environment. The Administrator plays a critical role as part of the TSNE team providing broad customer service coordination related to contracts for the Projects and for TSNE programs. The Administrator must be tech savvy and customer service oriented and able to prioritize and troubleshoot as needed. The Administrator works with FS staff to meet the evolving needs of social justice initiatives housed at TSNE. This position will primarily focus on providing support for contracts and for information and database management.
Essential Job Functions
Contracts and Legal Administrative Support
- Serve as primary point of contact for TSNE staff and clients for all routine and administrative matters relating to contracts;
- Using TSNE templates, prepare and provide initial review of routine contracts;
- Fulfill requests for information on contracts from fiscal sponsorship projects;
- Update and maintain Salesforce for all FS and TSNE contracts;
- Process and track all contracts, from initial request through execution and completion in accordance with TSNE’s protocols;
- Notify appropriate parties and update various systems when projects join or leave the fiscal sponsorship program; maintain current information on project and FS team staffing;
- In partnership with the Compliance Specialist, serve as point person for insurance-related matters; advise FS projects on any insurance or liability related matters;
- In partnership with the Compliance Specialist, serve as liaison to outsourced state registration service maintaining state-by-state registrations for our FS projects.
Systems and Database Management
- Update Salesforce with related grants, contracts, and vendors, and monitor quality.
Administrative and Organizational Support
- Compile forms and other information as needed related to grants management;
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
Communications and Relationships
- Assist in supporting communications and outreach with existing FS projects regarding team updates, project materials, etc.
Perform additional duties as required.
- Paralegal or previous administrative legal support experience preferred;
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional setting or a college degree is required;
- Must have technically savvy;
- Highly experienced with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM programs;
- Experience with Salesforce database system is preferred;
- Able to prioritize and meet multiple and simultaneous deadlines;
- Able to manage and organize multiple projects while paying close attention to detail;
- Able to work collaboratively and to function independently;
- Excellent time management and detail oriented organizational skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Comfort working effectively in a fast-paced environment with periodic quick turnaround deadlines;
- Must have good problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including fluency in English are required;
- Experience and/or strong interest in the nonprofit sector, social justice and grants and finance management is preferred.
The hiring pay range for this position is $ $45,640 to $51,120.
We strongly encourage online applications. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter stating how their skills and experience match the requirements for this position.
TSNE also accepts candidate materials sent by mail, fax or email. Send to: Third Sector New England; NonProfit Center, 7th floor; Attn: HR – 89 South Street; Boston, MA 02111 or Fax: 617.523.2070.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.