weekly from January 18 to February 22
TSNE MissionWorks is happy to be accepting applications for the 2018 winter cohort of our Emerging Consultants Training (ECT) program. This program will engage a diverse group of social change leaders who are interested in increasing their understanding of organizational development consulting. We are seeking applicants that have experience with and identify as part of communities of color.
The Emerging Consultants Training will provide organizational development (OD) practical frameworks, collaborative learning, and mentoring to participants. The cohort will receive training and coaching to build consulting skills so that they can go on to support organizations that engage in movement building and social change work. The program curriculum will be led by trainers Jeremy Phillips, Jeremy Phillips Consulting, and Mo Barbosa, Health Resources In Action, with Elaine Ng, TSNE MissionWorks Interim Operations Director, co-facilitating and Maya Zeigler, TSNE MissionWorks Program Associate, providing support for the program.
We believe that seeding knowledge and building skills of social change leaders will help build the capacity of organizations and increase the transformative impact of organizational development consulting.
Through the Emerging Consultants Training, participants will develop:
- An increased understanding of organizational development frameworks and tools
- A deeper understanding of their individual skills and strengths in relation to organizational capacity building
- Concrete knowledge about the field of consulting, including how to set up consulting engagements, the consulting scoping process, and more
- Access to a depository of supplementary materials & resources
- Coaching through real-life participant-identified consulting engagements
- Connections with other social change activists and leaders interested in organizational capacity building
Who should apply? Social change activists and leaders who are interested in expanding their skills and knowledge to encompass organizational development consulting. Applicants should be from communities directly impacted by racial, economic, and social disparities. There is limited space available and careful consideration will be given to the development of the cohort. We are seeking applicants who have:
- 8 years or more experience in social change/movement-focused organizations or groups
- Interest in supporting organizations/groups to achieve their long-term goals by improving organizational capacity
- Some exposure to consulting or coaching
- Some exposure to organizational change processes (e.g. strategic planning, internal change committees, etc.)
- Deep roots in communities directly impacted by social change/movement focused work
The Emerging Consultants Training will launch in January 2018. There is a fee of $100 for the whole program, with scholarship and financial aid available.
The program structure contains three main components: 6 in-person training sessions, individual coaching, and participation in a learning network. There will be a short kick-off session on January 18th and a full-day orientation on January 20th, followed by five weekly half-day training sessions at the NonProfit Center near South Station until mid-February.
All training sessions, with exception of January 20th, will be on Thursday evenings. The program curriculum will be led by Jeremy Phillips and Mo Barbosa, with Elaine Ng co-facilitating and Maya Zeigler offering support and coordinating the program.
The 2018 Emerging Consultants Training program application is closed, with the exception of those who communicated with our team previously. Thank you for your interest in ECT.