Prosecutor Impact (PI), a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, was founded in 2016 by Adam Foss, a former Assistant District Attorney in the Juvenile Division of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office (SCDAO) in Boston, MA on the premise that expanding the knowledge, tools, and resources of prosecutors is the most efficient and impactful way to address the crises of mass incarceration in America.
To do this, PI partners with District Attorney’s and their offices around the country to provide targeted training and technical assistance intended to help front-line practitioners reimagine their role as prosecutors and their relationship to their communities. PI seeks to encourage a more creative, empathetic, and cost-effective approach to prosecution and ultimately to facilitate a fundamental rethinking of prosecutor training and practice in the United States.
As an organization, PI is in its start-up stage. Our work to influence prosecution across the country is up and running and it’s now time to build the organizational structure and processes to support our growth and stabilization. A team of partners have been working to establish the organization. The Executive Assistant, who will be the second staff member, will provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director by managing his schedule and travel, triaging requests and responding on behalf of the Executive Director, conducting research, preparing briefings, handling information requests and performing administrative functions including preparing correspondence, arranging calls and scheduling travel for the PI team. The Assistant will work with the team and other stakeholders.
The Assistant is a key point of contact as the ED travels significantly and will be responsible for helping to keep things moving smoothly at all levels. This is an entrepreneurial organization with an innovative approach. As such, the Assistant must be flexible, proactive and strategic. This will initially be a work from home position and the Assistant will help to establish the administrative resources and infrastructure needed to move everything forward.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage information and correspondence coming into PI and the Executive Director and prioritize consistent with the needs of the ED and the organization;
- Develop and prepare PI materials and communications for stakeholders including funders, partners, fiscal agent, consultants, the media, the general public and others;
- Take meeting notes and summarize, distribute as called for and follow-up to agreements and assignments to ensure completion and/or response as needed;
- Manage the ED’s calendar and coordinate calendars with other PI staff and stakeholders;
- Handle complex and consistent travel arrangements for the PI team;
- Work collaboratively with the TSNE MissionWorks staff to ensure that required documentation is provided, and processes are followed in a timely and consistent manner;
- Read and analyze articles and reports related to PI’s mission to determine their relevance and research as need and disseminate accordingly;
- Perform general administrative and operational duties including file management, accounting and bookkeeping, ordering supplies and technology, and managing internal information sharing;
- Maintain the web and social media presence in partnership with the PI team;
- Manage corporate documents, records and reports;
- Represent ED and PI publicly to external partners as needed, responding to inquiries and helping draft documentation as needed;
- Coordinate logistics (planning, project management) of PI trainings and events that take place locally and nationally;
- Travel to PI trainings and events as needed;
- Perform other duties as needed that will help maximize the time and efficiency of the ED and the PI team.
- This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule to align with the work hours of the ED and the PI team;
- Some overnight travel may be expected for this position. There may be occasional local day travel.
- A minimum of 3 years of high level administrative experience;
- Verbal and written communication proficiency – facile working with internal and external executive stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work and collaborate as a team member as well as individually;
- Personal Effectiveness — using your experience to guide conversations and track next steps;
- Flexibility with a strategic focus;
- Must be self-directed;
- Technical Capacity — experienced using a wide variety of administrative and office management tools and technology, including Microsoft Suite along with database management;
- Understanding of related technologies with a self-driven approach to learning, implementing and managing systems for the organization;
- A professional demeanor with personal composure;
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet;
- Interest in, and understanding of, the criminal justice system.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work is performed in the employee’s home office and also requires periodic travel both locally and nationally.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction;
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Move, traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to), move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment varies depending on location;
- The work is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present in general to a measurable degree.
Please include a resume and cover letter in your online application.
TSNE MissionWorks and Prosecutor Impact envision a society grounded in principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors each individual as a whole person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work. We value the unique talents and contributions of each of our employees.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Prosecutor Impact will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law.