Better Leaders, Better Nonprofits, a Better World
The Guide for Successful Nonprofit Management
Written by Deborah Linnell, Zora Radosevich and Jonathan Spack, the Executive Directors Guide: The Guide for Successful Nonprofit Management is loaded with practical, real-world information to help executive directors create and sustain healthy, effective organizations. The guide also includes examples and advice on collaborating to build a robust nonprofit sector.
The how-to publication is inspired by the Executive Directors Guide published by the United Way of Massachusetts Bay over 20 years ago. It retains the original’s emphasis on leading with a view to maximizing stakeholder participation in vision creation, strategy development, decision making and implementation.
- The concept of leadership
- Various leadership competencies, styles, and models
- Participatory, partnership-based leadership
- The role of self-reflection in leadership
- Maintaining a work-life balance that helps you lead successfully
INTERESTED IN A COPY?
We are currently working on a new edition of the guide which will be available in Spring 2018. Sign up to notified when it is ready.
What's Inside: Executive Directors Guide Table of Contents
- Mission, Vision, and Values
- Program Development
- Strategic Planning and Thinking
- Fund Development
- Public Relations
- Community Development and Government Relations
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
- Technology Planning
- Managing Change