Third Sector New England provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support strong, healthy communities. With a staff of nonprofit professionals, TSNE is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant and grantmaker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services. Our work also complements that of the funding community and other capacity builders.
This position offers the opportunity to support the missions of small and medium sized nonprofits in a dynamic, fast-paced team-based environment. The Grants & Finance Manager plays a critical role as part of the TSNE team that provides financial and human resource services to these nonprofit groups, referred to as projects. Primary responsibilities will include broad customer service coordination, budget preparation, grants management and accounting services.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as primary contact for multiple project staff; provide financial analysis, management support and guidance.
- Ensure that TSNE Fiscal Sponsorship services are delivered efficiently, effectively and in a courteous and timely way.
- Communicate regularly with project directors and provide a high level of customer service around short and long term financial management and sustainability.
- Support projects’ funding proposals: assist with budgets, review proposals, provide supporting documents.
- Ensure complete documentation of funding awards.
- Work with project directors to comply with funder’s terms and conditions, manage deliverables, monitor spending, request amendments, and plan spend-out.
- Support budget creation, budget projections and analysis of expenses as needed.
- Work with staff accountants to ensure timely and accurate processing of payables, deposits and billings.
- Review salaries being charged to projects and adjust to ensure correct allocation.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly reports, funder reports and others. Document and address issues requiring attention and/or further discussion.
- Analyze and monitor projects’ fund and cash balances and keep project and TSNE team informed of status, issues.
Perform other duties as required.
- BA/BS degree in business, nonprofit financial management or accounting AND five or more years of relevant work experience required;
- Nonprofit financial management and accounting experience, including sophisticated fund and federal grant accounting and management strongly preferred;
- Budgeting experience required;
- Demonstrated skill in providing a high level of service to multiple customers, ideally in a nonprofit context, required;
- Proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheets required;
- Experience working as part of a team delivering coordinated services highly desirable;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations.
The hiring pay range is $74,690 to 89,300.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please include a resume and cover letter.
We do accept applications by mail or fax. Send to: Third Sector New England; NonProfit Center, 7th floor; Attn: HR – 89 South Street; Boston, MA 02111 or Fax: 617.523.2070
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.