TSNE MissionWorks provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE MissionWorks is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant, and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focuses on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
As the Grants and Finance Manager, you will be working with approximately 10 nonprofit organizations that TSNE MissionWorks fiscally sponsors, providing them with support around financial analysis, grants, and financial management. You will be the primary contact, coordinating all communications between your projects and others at TSNE MissionWorks that support them.
Essential Job Functions
- Support projects’ funding proposals; assist with budgets, review proposals, provide supporting documents;
- Ensure complete documentation of funding awards;
- Work with project directors to comply with funders’ terms and conditions, manage deliverables, monitor spending, request amendments, and plan spend-outs.
- Serve as primary contact for multiple project staff, provide financial analysis, management support, and guidance;
- With other team members, ensure that services are delivered efficiently, effectively, and courteously;
- Communicate regularly with project directors and provide a high level of customer service around short and long-term financial management and sustainability.
- Support budget creation, budget projections, and analysis of expenses, as needed;
- Review salaries being charged to projects and adjust to ensure correct allocation. Adjust vacation accruals, as needed;
- Prepare, review, and distribute monthly reports, funder reports, and others. Document and address issues requiring attention and/or further discussion;
- Analyze and monitor projects’ fund and cash balances and keep project and TSNE MissionWorks team informed of status issues;
- Work with staff accountants to ensure timely and accurate processing of payables, deposits, and billings.
Core Competencies Required
- Three or more years of experience managing grants and nonprofit finances;
- Nonprofit fund and federal grant accounting and management, strongly preferred;
- Proficiency with accounting software, spreadsheets, and data management systems;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility juggling multiple projects and shifting priorities;
- Commitment to social and economic justice.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please include a resume and cover letter.
We do accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
NonProfit Center, 7th floor
Attn: HR–89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
or Fax: 617.523.2070
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.