TSNE MissionWorks (TSNE) provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE MissionWorks is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant, and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focused on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
This is a great opportunity for someone with strong administrative skills to support staff working for social justice. Our Human Resources team provides services to about 70 internal employees and to well over 300 others working in approximately 80 small to mid-sized nonprofit organizations throughout the region and the country. We need a full-time, temporary Human Resources Administrator who takes pride in providing exceptional customer service, recognizes the importance of maintaining accurate records and systems, enjoys working in a team, and has excellent communication skills. This position is expected to last through October 2018 and is benefits eligible.
Essential Job Functions
- Enroll new employees in various benefits programs; maintain benefits-related communications and records; send Initial and regular COBRA Notifications;
- Assist with administrative duties for the HR team, as needed.
Onboarding New Employees
- Process all I-9 employee verifications;
- Run all background and driving record checks and assist with communications to employees as needed;
- Prepare offer letters for new employees;
- Schedule and communicate about monthly orientation sessions;
- Communicate about and reviews all incoming new hire paperwork
- Respond to requests for employment verificiation.
Maintain Employee Records and Data
- Communicate, track, and receive employee performance evaluations. Send reminder notices, as needed;
- Maintain and update current and terminated employee personnel files;
- Track and maintain all sexual harassment training records;
- Prepare employee termination letters for HR Managers.
Job Postings and Recruitment
- Prepare job posting records in our on-line tracking system;
- Post jobs to our website;
- Assist with scheduling interviews and telephone screenings.
- Update outlook mailing lists;
- Update Salesforce with employee changes;
- Act as the liaison for our clientswith the HR Managers; and refer to team members as appropriate;
- Complete other tasks and projects, as needed.
- Prior administrative experience in an office setting, required;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to detail;
- Exemplary customer services skills and experience providing team-based services preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and juggle work between multiple people and groups and to meet multiple deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills including using MS Word, Excel and databases is required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required;
- Desire to work in a multicultural setting with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities;
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors each individual as a whole person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work. We value the unique talents and contributions of each of our employees.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.