Hours: 20 hours per week, part-time
FUTURE CHEFS prepares high school-aged youth in the Greater Boston Area for quality employment and post-secondary opportunities in the culinary field and supports them in developing broad base transferable career skills for the working world. With its primary focus on youth development, Future Chefs provides culinary training and authentic hands-on experience working with culinary professionals in some of Boston’s top restaurants. Future Chefs learn in an environment that instills a mindset of success along with civic responsibility. Future Chefs’ model is based on the belief that every student is unique and flourishes in settings that provide: High Expectations, Opportunities for Growth, and Positive Interactions with Adults.
The Manager of Systems and Finance will report to the Executive Director. This is a new position that will be responsible for supporting executive staff and both Program and Development departments of Future Chefs by creating, implementing, and training staff on efficient systems and processes, and by ensuring sound fiscal management and oversight. This is a 20 hour-a-week position but could expand as to a full time position with added responsibilities as funding allows.
- A highly experienced, proven professional looking for part-time work at an innovative, rapidly growing nonprofit organization;
- Accustomed to producing quality work, with excellent attention to detail;
- Someone who enjoys creating new—and improving existing—systems and processes;
- A self-starter—comfortable splitting your time between onsite and remote work and someone who understands the value of all work.
- Serve as in-house Salesforce expert. Responsibilities may include:
- Maintain updated system documentation and Salesforce policies/procedures;
- Work with program and development staff to import and update campaign data;
- Regularly audit data to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvement. Perform manual or automated data entry/clean up as required;
- Serve as a resource and train staff on how to best utilize salesforce and other data technology including generating reports;
- Develop and maintain naming conventions of picklists, report folders, dashboards, etc. to improve system usability;
- Create and manage email and mail merge templates;
- Create custom fields and modify picklist values.
- Serve as administrator for Future Chefs’ PayPal account, including generating transaction reports on a regular basis. Optimize PayPal usage for both income and payments;
- Work with Development staff to develop or improve fundraising protocols around gift processing, acknowledgment and tracking, online/PayPal donations, in-kind gift valuation, and more;
- Integrate Future Chefs’ systems to realize efficiencies, such as Salesforce with MailChimp and Future Chefs’ website;
- Ensure organization-wide calendar is being used fully and regularly by all staff as a means to bolster internal communications and collaboration between program, development, and administrative staff;
- Ensure system security is maintained at all times;
- Serves as a liaison with contractors or consultants engaged to customize, build, or troubleshoot data systems;
- Support Program staff on development of social enterprise initiatives.
Finance and Administrative Oversight
- Manage budgeting process to ensure organization-wide accountability. Work with Executive Director and Development staff to ensure revenue projections are being met;
- Work with Program staff to ensure expenditures are within budgeted projection;
- Liaise with fiscal sponsor, Third Sector New England (TSNE), and Finance Committee on fiscal forecasting, accounting, budgeting and fundraising—including tracking, reporting and analysis;
- Review and report on monthly financial performance;
- Work with staff to develop grant budgets and financial narratives as needed;
- Identify cost-savings opportunities where possible;
- Oversee select administrative functions, including supporting TSNE to facilitate hiring processes, filing insurance and regulatory documents, and negotiating business contracts.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Attn: Employment Manager
89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or fax to: 617.896.9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks and Future Chefs will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran or disability status.