Founded in 2002, Matahari Women Workers' Center, a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, is a social justice organization of women of color, immigrant women, and families who organize as sisters, workers, and survivors for personal and societal transformation towards a world without gender violence and exploitation.
The part-time associate is responsible for supporting the administrative needs of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Support logistics for travel, turnout, and communications for actions and events;
- Provide support to shared general administrative tasks including data entry, answering and returning phone calls and emails, and making referrals;
- Assist in translation of outreach and training materials and occasional meeting and event interpretation;
- Manage project budgets, process reimbursements and invoices;
- Update and manage resource directory for community referrals/need;
- Provide periodic one-to-one support to members/clients regarding resource access and paperwork;
- Act as administrative liaison to TSNE MissionWorks;
- Support communications and online presence by taking photos, creating simple graphics and flyers, updating website etc.;
- Create, edit and distribute online/offline newsletters;
- Support fundraising work through proposal editing and grassroots activities.
- Agreement and alignment with Matahari’s purpose and values, understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color;
- Language requirement: Bilingual in English and an additional language (Spanish, Nepali, Haitian Kreyol, or Brazilian Portuguese preferred);
- Prior experience in administration and basic accounting;
- Good written and verbal communications skills;
- Comfort with technology and social media,
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, ability to work occasional evening/ weekends and periodic in-state and some national travel; work schedule is negotiable;
- Proficient technology skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Google Apps (Drive, Gmail, Docs, etc.), webinar and chat tools. Working knowledge of Social Media and databases a plus.
$20.50 per hour, full benefits that include medical, dental, paid time off, etc. This is an 18.75 hour per week position.
Online applications are encouraged. Please submit resume and cover letter below.
TSNE MissionWorks/Matahari Women Workers’ Center envision a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks/Matahari Women Workers’ Center actively seek people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Matahari Women Workers’ Center will not discriminate in their employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.