TSNE MissionWorks provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE MissionWorks is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant, and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focuses on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
The Professional Learning Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the professional learning and other training programs. The person works closely with the Director of Consulting and Professional Learning and program team to conceptualize and design trainings and learning series’ for TSNE MissionWorks’s diverse range of clients and constituents. The Professional Learning Manager is the primary contact for individuals and organizations seeking training and professional learning opportunities and serves as part of TSNE MissionWorks’s program team.
Essential Job Functions
Professional Learning and Training
- Work closely with the Director of Consulting and Professional Learning to conceptualize and design standing and customized professional learning and training programs that are responsive to the needs of individual and organizations, including cohort-based learning opportunities;
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure implementation of all professional learning and training programs;
- Work closely with the Learning and Evaluation team to ensure that learning and evaluation practices are integrated and included in all professional learning and training programs;
- Identify, secure, and ensure high quality trainers, consultants, and speakers are engaged and prepared to deliver professional learning and training;
- Ensure that consultants, trainers, and speakers are supported and positioned to succeed in their sessions;
- Assist colleagues with designing and implementing training and other learning events for consultants and staff;
- Ensure that professional learning and training programs are high quality, and delivered in a culturally competent manner with an awareness of learner variability.
Client Relationship Management
- Manage and serve as the primary contact for individuals and organizations seeking professional learning and training programs;
- Ensure that participants in professional learning and training programs receive appropriate follow-up;
- Develop and cultivate relationships with nonprofit organizations, intermediaries, and other external stakeholders;
- Working in coordination with colleagues, ensure that participant recruitment, marketing, and program sponsorships are well managed and coordinated with other TSNE services.
- Manage and oversee scheduling, venue, and registration logistics;
- Manage professional learning and training related finances;
- Provide intake support, ensuring effective matching of individual and/or organizational needs to training services;
- Ensure that participant data is gathered and inputted in a timely manner.
Core Competencies Required
- A minimum of eight years of experience managing projects or training, ideally in nonprofit social justice settings;
- Demonstrable knowledge of group dynamics and facilitation techniques, especially in a nonprofit context;
- Experience creating trainings and learning activities;
- Experience in adult learning and curriculum development preferred, but not required;
- Experience working with diverse constituencies and stakeholders with demonstrable cultural competence;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Commitment to participatory management and shared leadership practices;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment;
- Ability to track multiple projects and tasks in a timely manner;
- Experience working in the social justice, racial and economic equity, or related field strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout Southern New England and possibly beyond to meet with participants and others occasionally outside of normal business hours.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Attn: Employment Manager
89 South Street, Suite 700
Boston, MA 02111
Or fax to: 617.896.9393.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.