The Early Childhood Funders’ Collaborative (ECFC) is dedicated to aligning and leveraging philanthropic, public, and private resources to promote federal, state, and local policies and practices that take a systemic, equity-focused approach to supporting young children, their families, and the early childhood community. The network, comprising national, regional, and local funders, support the healthy development and learning of children prenatal to 8 and their families, particularly low income and at-risk children, in the context of their communities. ECFC is a fiscally-sponsored program of Third Sector New England (TSNE).
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Assistant will support and fulfill all essential organizational functions, including administrative and programmatic.
Essential Job Functions
Contact and Stakeholder Communications and Management
- Maintain databases and contact lists of current members, prospective members, and other stakeholders for purposes of Constant Contact and other communication;
- Maintain tracking database of engagement with prospective members, including maintaining membership materials, coordinating and tracking outreach, and orientation;
- Assist with drafting correspondence and communication with members, prospective members, and other stakeholders;
- Maintain tracking database of engagement with current members;
- Assist in development of newsletters and electronic distribution of resources;
- Maintain schedule of content updates for future website, including soliciting content from members.
- Provide support to committee structure – maintain committee rosters, build contact lists for committees, and manage scheduling and logistics of committee meetings. When asked, provide agenda development, dissemination, and notetaking;
- Prepare materials for meetings including producing documents, reproducing copies, and distributing materials;
- Maintain files and tracking sheets related to membership dues invoices, grant proposals, and grant reporting;
- Provide Executive Director with support on travel, scheduling, and speaking logistics.
- Must have home office;
- At least 10 hours per week must be during normal business hours.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a professional setting or a college degree is required;
- Commitment to goals and mission;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong customer service skills, including follow-through;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated initiative and self-direction in pursuing projects and goals;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple and simultaneous deadlines;
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects while paying close attention to detail;
- Familiarity with software and sharing platforms for managing membership organizations and virtual organizations is strongly preferred.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Third Sector New England
Attn: Employment Manager
89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or fax to: 617.896.9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE and ECFC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.