Ada Developers Academy, a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, is an intensive software developer training program for women and non-binary persons. In one year, students are taught programming techniques and best practices to enable them to become junior developers. The program consists of two distinct parts, six months in the classroom and five months of internship where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
You should be comfortable wearing many hats: the Ada Program Manager oversees the operational aspects of the Ada classroom training, including administrative duties. You should be a fastidious, collaborative proactive organizer ensuring preparedness, ongoing management, and overall success of the program. You should have prior experience in project management as well as advocating for and advising students. You should be able to independently define project deliverables and schedules, meet deadlines, communicate status and expectations with others, and multi-task seamlessly.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the Ada Admissions cycle, which runs twice a year. This includes:
- Setting dates for major admissions milestones;
- Driving informational and workshop events associated with admissions;
- Tracking our admissions demographics as we process applicants;
- Managing our admissions volunteers.
- Manage operational aspects of the Ada training program from onboarding our newly admitted students to ensuring their success in the program. This includes:
- Working with the instructional team to evaluate student learning and escalate high-risk issues quickly;
- Being responsible for managing the process for PIPs and removing students from program due to Code of Conduct violations or academic issues;
- Maintaining program policies and student documents (student agreement, handbook, code of conduct, etc.), as needed.
- Continuously improves the student experience by conducting and synthesizing surveys and feedback from students on classroom issues. This includes:
- Working with Student Counselor and Instructional Staff to maximize the student experience;
- Making themselves available for any 1-1’s with students as requested.
- Creates a connected classroom by overseeing participation from community at large (community events, partnerships with like-minded organizations, etc.);
- Provides end-to-end program support by coordinating with and meeting regularly with the rest of the administrative staff, as well as the Director of Education and Technology, to support their needs and keep a handle on what is going on day to day at Ada;
- Identifies program modification and growth needs by using knowledge as a central support person to the program to make recommendations on program improvement and changes to the Executive Director;
- Manages special projects based on the needs of the program, such as website updates, Ada Service Day, and Ada Summer BBQ;
- Tracks and maintains the Ada statistics with the latest student outcomes and demographics;
- Manages and mentors the Ada Program Coordinator by working closely with this person on many day to day tasks.
The salary for this position is $75,000. A generous benefits package is included.
- 2 years professional experience in program or project management role;
- Experience developing and implementing operational processes and procedures;
- Experience creating, tracking, and executing a schedule of deliverables;
- Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with data and communicating data findings, and experience establishing and tracking program metrics;
- Passionate about providing the best student experience and cultivating diversity and inclusion;
- Intense curiosity and willingness to question;
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, and find win/win solutions and celebrate successes;
- Get excited by the challenge of difficult problems.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We do accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
NonProfit Center, 7th floor
Attn: HR – 89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.523.2070
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE/Ada Developers Academy will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and veteran or disability status.