A fiscally-sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, Tutors for All (T4A) bridges the achievement gap one student at a time. Through bringing together colleges, public schools, and community resources, we offer underserved students the systematic individualized instruction they need in order to thrive. Students in the Tutors for All programs have shown dramatically improved MCAS scores, significantly higher grades in their high school classes, and renewed and deeper confidence in their academic abilities.
Program managers run multiple successful tutorial programs over the course of a year. These programs drive dramatic improvements in the academic skills of large numbers of previously under-served public school students and represent Tutors for All’s core "product." We are only as good as our programs, and hence only as good as our program managers.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with Executive Director and school representative to set up the basic parameters of each program: who, what, where, when, why;
- Adapt Tutors for All materials around curriculum, student accountability and tutor professionalism to particular school and program;
- Hire coordinator, lead tutors, and tutors;
- Provide Tutors for All curriculum and professional development to staff above;
- Help coordinator and lead tutors meet their responsibilities and hold them accountable;
- Handle requests from school for different uses of space, etc.;
- Inform school of attendance;
- Reassign tutors and students as necessary due to absences;
- Ensure that tutors in programs s/he manages are paid through the appropriate sources;
- Ensure the "publishing" of progress reports;
- Compile student accountability data and communicates it to students, parents, and school. When not running programs;
- Work to evaluate, consolidate, improve, and document crucial elements of Tutors for All programs: curriculum, training, relationships with schools, etc.
- Hires coordinator and lead tutors;
- In collaboration with executive director, provides curriculum and professional development to staff above;
- Helps coordinator and lead tutors meet their responsibilities and holds them accountable;
- Reassigns tutors and students as necessary due to absences;
- Ensures that tutors in programs she manages are paid through the appropriate sources.
- At least one year's experience in education or related field;
- Proven commitment to meeting the educational needs of traditionally underserved youth;
- Experience working in high-performing and dynamic environments;
- At least one year of experience supervising staff in said environment;
- Knowledge of appropriately leveled public school curriculum, especially as pertains to the Common Core, PARCC and MCAS;
- Eagerness to reflect on and improve performance.
- Willingness and ability to work from multiple locations over the course of the year (schools, Tutors for All office, home);
- Willingness and ability to effectively manage competing demands from Tutors for All and two client schools;
- Willingness and ability to own projects from start to finish;
- Adherence to strict professional standards as regards to conduct, dress, timeliness, etc. as well as the willingness and ability to hold others to said standards.
Note: This position runs through May 15, 2018, but may be continued at the sole discretion of the employer. All Tutors for All and TSNE MissionWorks employment is at-will.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks and T4A will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran or disability status.