The Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR) project is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, which organizes recovering individuals, families, and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recovery from alcohol and other addictions.
MOAR Values: Faces and Voices of Recovery – Visible, Vocal, Valuable
The MOAR Recovery Coach will provide recovery coach services to individuals enrolled in the MOAR Access to Recovery (ATR) program. The coach will interact with participants individually to assist them in services such as housing and employment search in order to build a plan for life in recovery.
Essential Job Functions
- Interact with participants individually, in person or over the phone, in order to aid in their recovery from addiction;
- Utilize motivational interviewing to build rapport with participants;
- Provide crisis support;
- Assist participants in developing a comprehensive wellness plan, that addresses their goals;
- Provide information on resources that meet the participants’ needs;
- Maintain communication with participants on a weekly basis;
- Accompany participants to meetings in order to enhance their recovery experience (AA, Faith based, criminal justice settings etc.);
- Provide stage-appropriate recovery information to individuals enrolled in the program;
- Assist enrollees in connecting with recovery support services;
- Encourage hope, optimism and healthy lifestyles for enrolled individuals;
- Provide linkages to treatment and other support services;
- Occasionally transport clients to appointments (on a case-by-case basis).
- Spanish speaking a must;
- Certification from an approved Recovery Coach curriculum;
- Must have a Massachusetts driver’s license and a car;
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of one-year continuous abstinence;
- CORI background check.
- Direct knowledge about addiction recovery;
- Lived experience;
- Motivational interviewing skills;
- Ability to maintain up to date records of participants;
- Ability to access and review ATR reports and participant referrals;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population;
- Effective oral, written communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Considerable knowledge of the addiction treatment services system and support services;
- Ability to honor ethics and confidentiality.
Please include a resume and cover letter in your online application.
TSNE MissionWorks and MOAR envision a society grounded in principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors each individual as a whole person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work. We value the unique talents and contributions of each of our employees.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/MOAR will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law.