The Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR), a fiscally-sponsored program of TSNE MissionWorks, organizes recovering individuals, families, and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recovery from alcohol and other addictions.
The Regional Coordinators will represent MOAR in Northeast Massachusetts and Boston in partnership and government related activities. They will create “Recovery Action Teams” by engaging new members, sustaining current members, and developing volunteer opportunities. The coordinators will facilitate meetings, support training, and guide peer supportive activities. They will maintain the organizational mission and values through all related projects.
MOAR Values: Faces and Voices of Recovery – Visible, Vocal, Valuable
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and coordinate of Regional Recovery Action Teams;
- Recruit, orient and develop of regional peer volunteers;
- Prepare agendas and support materials for volunteers;
- Facilitate peer and policy maker educational meetings and events;
- Assist with ongoing development, operation, and support of peer driven services;
- Provide ongoing support for volunteers and members;
- Support implementation of MOAR projects ;
- Fulfill quality assurance and administrative functions including the completion of required documentation;
- Attend scheduled staff and supervision meetings;
- Assist with the development of newsletters and other communication shared with stakeholders;
- Provide timely information to MOAR members regarding important public policy developments;
- Gather data and provides reports on recovery community support activities;
- Coordinate development and distribution of MOAR material to interested parties;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Human Services or related degree with a minimum of two years professional experience or two to five years of progressive (forward thinking/innovative) experience with addiction recovery community organizing and support services;
- Experience community organizing;
- Proven expertise in the addiction prevention, treatment, and recovery continuum of care;
- Knowledge of the recovery and peer movement, including problem gambling recovery;
- Cross-cultural skills, and experience with culturally diverse populations;
- Demonstrated facilitation, presentation, event planning, and community organizing skills;
- Computer skills : Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher);
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, inclusive of social media.
- Lived experience in personal recovery for a minimum of two years;
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) skills preferred;
- Valid driver’s license; the ability to travel periodically throughout the region;
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
This is a full-time, benefitted position, The salary for this position is $45,000.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
The NonProfit Center
Attn: HR – 89 South Street Suite 700
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.896-9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Massachusetts Organization for Addiction and Recovery (MOAR) will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.