Third Sector New England (TSNE) provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focused on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
The Senior Accountant (Accountant) position offers an opportunity to perform a variety of accounting functions in a dynamic, fast-paced team-based environment. TSNE’s Fiscal Sponsorship accounting team serves approximately 100 projects, each with differing accounting needs. The Accountant will work with the Accounting team and Grants and Finance Managers to ensure that TSNE’s accounting systems and functions are up to date for accurate user access and proper financial reporting. The accountant will work from a systematic view of the accounting function. They will also research, analyze, audit and initiate corrections to ensure the integrity of financial information. The Accountant must be flexible and skilled at multi-tasking in order to help manage and influence the varied and changing demands of the accounting systems, staff work and client needs. The Accountant will have the ability to assist other staff in completing advanced accounting tasks, including training other accountants as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the AP team on integration of Serenic Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Concur;
- Set up and manage access for users of Concur;
- Help train staff on Concur
- Write and maintain the accounting system allocations which allocate revenue and expenses in Serenic;
- Research and analyze financial statements to insure accuracy of allocations;
- Analyze and approve requests for changes to allocations to insure they comply with TSNE policy and award documentation;
- Help review project financials and suggest and/or make journal entries;
- Prepare journal entries for Grants and Finance Managers;
- Serve as back up for processing accounts payable;
- Serve as back up for processing accounts receivable;
- Help maintain and create Jet financial reports;
- Manage the Jet report scheduler;
- Manage bank account reconciliations;
- Serve as back up and help manage the ACH & positive pay file transmission;
- Manage the corporate credit card program.
- Serve as a resource to accountants on technical ERP functions;
- Help create & maintain training information for accountants;
- Help prepare information for the annual audit;
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum of five years of accounting experience performing tasks in multiple areas of nonprofit accounting;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business is required;
- Advanced skills using accounting software and spreadsheets required;
- Demonstrated financial report writing, accounting system integration and management of allocations is a plus;
- Experience auditing financial information for quality control;
- Experience with Concur and Microsoft Dynamics Nav is a plus;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to detail is required;
- Ability to adhere to standard and organizational accounting protocols;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to train others is a plus;
- Ability to function independently and to work as part of a team;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds.
The hiring pay range for this position is $ 58,530 to 67,900.
We strongly encourage online applications.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter stating how their skills and experience match the requirements for this position. TSNE also accepts candidate materials sent by mail, fax or email. Send to: Third Sector New England; NonProfit Center, 7th floor; Attn: HR – 89 South Street; Boston, MA 02111 or Fax: 617.523.2070.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.