TSNE MissionWorks provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE MissionWorks is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant, and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focuses on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
In this position, you will have an opportunity to work as part of a team of seven accountants that work together to support approximately seventy nonprofit organizations addressing their expense related tasks. As well as the accounts payable processing functions, handling related administrative tasks, and working directly with our projects, this position will be in a role of researching and troubleshooting problems in accounts payable. This is a position that works with many constituents in and out of TSNE MissionWorks taking on many different tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as back up support for processing invoices, purchase orders, reimbursement requests, and credit card reconciliations;
- Verify that payments comply with PO contractual terms and do not exceed the project budget;
- Enter purchase orders and invoices for payment into accounting system;
- Act as back up on un-cashed checks;
- Work with the Accounts Payable Manager to send unclaimed property to states.
- Help Accounts Payable Manager with training of new accounting staff by helping to create and maintain training materials;
- Be a resource to accountants on technical Concur & Serenic functions;
- Help with implementation of new accounting related software.
- Research issues in Concur or other accounting topics;
- Take the lead on researching and prepare adjusting journal entries;
- Maintain a depreciation schedule;
- Review reports to identify problems with allocations;
- Respond to project inquires relating to AP work;
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager or Controller;
- Help to create and maintain Jet reports;
- Be a backup and help manage the ACH & positive pay file transmission;
- Help prepare documentation and back up for the annual audit.
- Minimum seven years of progressive bookkeeping with specific experience in accounts payable;
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business or equivalent experience required;
- Nonprofit accounting, federal fund, and Concur experience desired;
- Experience proactively research and resolve accounting inconsistencies;
- Proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Office;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to function independently and work as part of a team;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Experience with training a plus.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please include a resume and cover letter.
We do accept applications by mail or fax. Send to: TSNE MissionWorks; NonProfit Center, 7th floor; Attn: HR – 89 South Street; Boston, MA 02111 or Fax: 617.523.2070
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.