RIZE Massachusetts, a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, is a new state-wide, private sector initiative created to build a $50 million fund over the next three years focused on bringing real and lasting change to those struggling with substance use disorders in the Commonwealth. Business, healthcare, insurance, and community leaders have united in this coordinated effort to support families, treatment providers, and all levels of government in this unprecedented epidemic.
The goal of RIZE MA is to change public understanding of the opioid problem, demonstrating that opioid and other substance use disorders are, in fact, chronic illnesses for which there is effective treatment. Initiatives supported by the grant-making side of RIZE MA will address the full continuum from prevention to long-term sustainable recovery, including expanded availability of recovery coaches and treatment services on demand. Grants will focus on the specific areas where more resources are immediately necessary.
As the Senior Director of Development, you will build and implement a fundraising program for RIZE MA. You will shape the strategy and execute a multi-year plan that supports RIZE MA’s programmatic and financial goals. Serving alongside the Executive Director and the Board, you will act as the primary fundraiser through individual giving, as well as corporate and foundation grants.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and execute a comprehensive development plan that includes fundraising targets from major gifts as well as foundation and corporate grants;
- Create an individual giving program with solicitation and stewardship strategies based on relationships with potential and current major donors:
- Identify and manage a portfolio of major donor prospects, cultivating, soliciting, and closing gifts; strategically support the portfolios of the Executive Director and key volunteers (research, cultivation strategies, ways to give, etc.);
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to secure individual philanthropic commitments; develop case strategies, plans, goals, and timelines for individual donors, and a prospect assignment program that maximizes major gift opportunities;
- Identify, create, and execute unique cultivation and stewardship opportunities for donors.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy that supports the development goals;
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with corporate and foundation funders; identify and cultivate prospects for funding opportunities;
- Identify, write, and submit grant proposals and reports, including budgets;
- Support the Board of Directors to inspire the greatest level of engagement and leveraged generosity from networks of friends, colleagues, and contacts;
- Measure and evaluate RIZE MA’s development program, analyze progress and report results;
- With the Executive Director, develop and monitor the development budget;
- Select and implement a fundraising database;
- With administrative support, maintain prospect and donor lists and oversee the fundraising database;
- Minimal travel required (state-wide).
- 10+ years of relevant fundraising experience that includes major gifts and corporate and foundation relations;
- Must have a proven track record of successful major gift solicitations of $10,000+ plus demonstrated success in personally cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual, major gifts;
- An understanding of major gift fundraising principles and best practices, with demonstrated skills in portfolio management and developing successful fundraising strategies to close major gifts;
- Demonstrated success in identifying prospects, building constituent relationships, and following through using a variety of communication and technology tools;
- Aptitude for producing strategic, high-level communications aimed at strengthening affiliations between constituents and an organization;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to successfully plan and execute a multi-faceted development program;
- Experience with prospect research and database management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships;
- Highly organized, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize competing priorities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Or fax to: 617.896.9393.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks and RIZE Massachusetts will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.