TSNE MissionWorks (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE MissionWorks is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources (DHR), the Senior Human Resources Manager (SHRM) will help lead TSNE MissionWorks and its Fiscally Sponsored (FS) Projects' overall human resources strategies. The SHRM will be responsible for all FS Human Resources related topics and act as the senior point of contact for the Fiscally Sponsored Projects. The SHRM will help design and manage enactment of Human Resources policies and initiatives; design staffing strategies for all hiring needs; act as a mentor to other members of the Human Resources Team; will be responsible for knowing, collaborating, and consulting upon all areas of Human Resources including hiring/terminations, corrective action, compensation, performance management, professional development, policy interpretation, among other HR related items, and will fulfill all assigned projects and directives assigned by the DHR that will help move the organization forward.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION
Human Resources Managers’ work related to Fiscal Sponsorship.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Fiscal Sponsorship Management
- Work with a case load of Fiscally Sponsored Projects on a regular basis, acting as a liaison and Senior Leader, providing exceptional daily HR service to clients;
- Lead HR’s fiscal sponsorship engagement strategy, in collaboration with the Associate Director of Finance and the Associate Director of FS Programs, including developing in conjunction with the larger teams the philosophies, systems, methods, and timing of proactive and reactive internal and external stakeholder communication and engagement;
- Lead complex client HR engagements and provide coaching, guidance and strategic leadership as a trusted partner to client executives and staff, and liaise with client contacts and internal finance and operations managers to ensure compliance with applicable laws and policies, and keeping a laser-focus on achieving organizational and client objectives;
- Manage complex strategic, organizational and staffing development, rapid or planned growth, restructuring, job analysis, job descriptions, compensation, terminations, performance management, conflict resolution, etc.;
- In partnership with internal leadership and client leaders, ideate, develop, and lead new levels of HR consulting services that align with achieving increased client impact, efficiency, and accountability;
- Design, develop and implement metrics and benchmarking to evaluate HR’s FS services effectiveness. Prepares periodic reports, as necessary or requested;
- Lead FS Project’s performance management compliance, managing and maintaining a base level of support services, and developing additional value-add services to clients (including management coaching and 360-degree evaluation services);
- Maintain employee confidence and protect confidentiality of personnel data. Manage employee relations and potential legal liabilities;
- Serve as advisor and supervisor for the work of Fiscal Sponsorship HR Managers.
Internal Strategic Leadership
- Partner with the DHR in developing and supporting HR’s objectives, outputs, and standards. Help lead strategic initiatives as needed, including supporting, developing, and prototyping new initiatives related to impact and efficiency;
- Proactively contribute to the improvements of processes, systems, strategies, and approaches affecting internal and external stakeholder management;
- Collaborate with the HRD on the design, development, implementation, and review of compensation structures and organizational policies and procedures;
- Provide support and oversee compliance for assigned internal teams: Support Managers, listen to staff and act as a coach for both, focusing on clear and transparent communication. Intervene if compliance issues arise. Help Managers create and revise job descriptions to accurately reflect the work being done and the requirements to do that work;
- In coordination with the Employee Development and Systems Manager, work with department managers to create robust teams by helping them think about professional development and departmental long-term planning and the staffing around it;
- Manage the internal recruitment process for assigned teams, ensuring that TSNE MissionWorks hires the best candidates possible, with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion. List job openings on TSNE MissionWorks website and external sites, monitor incoming resumes, conduct screenings, interviews, schedule interviews for others, create interview questions, help Hiring Managers with decision-making, extend offers, responsible for communication with all applicants. Create and revise hiring protocols for the organization, training hiring managers, ensuring they understand implicit bias;
- Other duties assigned by the HRD.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Strong preference for 5 to 8 years of experience in human resources operations, leadership and leading strategic initiatives, staff management, and engagement with executives. Experience with client management, including engaging and coaching executives; managing complex and sensitive personnel situations, particularly in the context of organizational change. Experience with, and a well-developed point of view on, what makes for effective and implementable performance management.
(We will consider exceptional candidates who do not meet all of these requirements but otherwise demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence;
- Ability to exercise sensitivity, discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy given the information received may be confidential and complex in nature;
- Familiarity with labor laws. Knowledge of multiple states labor laws a plus;
- Ability to balance strict compliance with business need and maintain focus on strategic priorities and discretion in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Ability to instantly instill confidence and establish a trusted partner relationship;
- High comfort level dealing with situations that are unplanned, new terrain, and high stakes;
- Experience in effective training & development programs;
- Ability to manage a high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines;
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills with a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges;
- Experience in a progressive, mission-driven, and entrepreneurial environment;
- Deep experience and/or training in conflict resolution and mediation;
- Excellent people skills, including networking, organizing, and inspiring excellence;
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, react and think quickly;
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and involvement who has the initiative to proactively troubleshoot and identify potential problems and resolve conflicts;
- Ability to know when to seek clarification or assistance;
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful. Optimism, adaptability, and a good sense of humor;
- Ability to learn quickly, to respond/react quickly to changing priorities and to be dedicated to completion of required tasks;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite; Salesforce, ADP and some ATS experience a plus);
- Must be committed to the work of social and economic justice organizations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction;
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Move, Traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); reach with hands and arms; occasionally Ascend/Descend; and position self (to), move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
We strongly encourage online applicants. Please submit your resume and cover letter below.
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.