Massachusetts Farm to School strengthens local farms and fisheries and promotes healthy communities by increasing local food purchasing and education at schools. We provide training and support to farmers and food producers, schools, and students and their families to encourage the production, promotion, and consumption of healthy, locally grown food. Massachusetts Farm to School is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks.
Massachusetts Farm to School is seeking a part-time intern to share stories and grow the farm to school movement through social media. This will require the intern to work 8-10 hours per week. The intern will have an opportunity to develop hands on experience with outreach campaigns and the skills to work in a small, fast paced, non-profit organization. This is an unpaid internship, but we can offer college course credit.
Essential Job Functions
- The Intern will gain a well-rounded introduction to the importance of web marketing and content creation of a nonprofit organization;
- Will understand the process of creating promotional material that can be used on multiple platforms;
- Learn the skills of creating online engagement through e-blasts and other social media interaction on Twitter, Facebook, and our website, working with partners to maximize visibility;
- Learn how to manage deadlines and work productively as a member of a small team.
- Work with Communications Director to develop an editorial calendar for social media & e-newsletters;
- Organize and develop our image database;
- Work with Communications Director to create social media content (Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- Research and post articles on website (ie. stakeholder interviews; Farm to School news);
- Media monitoring for farm to school news & topics.
- Must have access to a computer for working remotely.
- Interest in agriculture, nutrition education, and school food;
- Completed at least one year of college;
- Strong written and verbal (telephone) communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with program staff, farmers, and food service professionals;
- Be excited & thoughtful about sharing stories and building relationships via Facebook & Twitter
- Comfort with Microsoft Office suite, G Suite (Docs, Sheets), and Mac and PC platforms;
- Preferred – experience with WordPress; Adobe Suite; iMovie or other video editing software.
Applicants should submit a resume and one page cover letter (PDF Format) detailing their interest in and experience related to this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the submission deadline is June 15, 2018.
TSNE MissionWorks and Massachusetts Farm to School envision a society grounded in principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors each individual as a whole person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work. We value the unique talents and contributions of each of our employees.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Massachusetts Farm to School will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law.