Ada Developers Academy (Ada), a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, provides an intensive developer training program for women and gender diverse folks with little or no prior software development experience. In one year, students are taught programming techniques and best practices to enable them to become junior developers. The program consists of two distinct parts, six months in the classroom, and five months of internship at local sponsor companies, where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
The Senior Manager, Development (Sr. Manager) position is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining a comprehensive private and public-sector fund-raising program on behalf of Ada Developers Academy and to enhance the mission and vision established by the Board of Directors and administered by the Executive Director.
The role will work closely with the Executive Director to plan, organize, and direct all of ADA’s fundraising including: the major gifts program, loan fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Sr. manager will also work with the Executive Director to determine success metrics for the essential job functions. The Sr. Manager will partner with staff, industry organizations, sponsor partners, donors, and community members to execute deliverables in the essential job functions. Throughout all responsibilities, the Sr. Manager will maintain collaborative, productive relationships both within and outside of the organization and will demonstrate high-level organization and management skills in order to focus simultaneously on the strategic and operational issues necessary to meet the stated goals and complete successful projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish a Development roadmap that supports ADA’s strategic goals;
- Design and implement a comprehensive development program including appropriate marketing strategies;
- Work collaboratively with Ada staff members to identify avenues of economic support for Ada’s programs and projects;
- Aggressively seek new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donors. Represent Ada in meeting with potential funding sources;
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors;
- Oversee acquisition of grant funding including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements;
- Build the planned giving program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives;
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising initiatives;
- Coordinate fundraising special events;
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about Ada and its mission with the community and constituents;
- Support Board Development Committee meetings;
- Oversee the fundraising database and tracking systems;
- Collaborate with Ada’s Marketing staff for communications rollouts, events, and producing public-facing content and materials;
- Maintain ongoing contact with Ada staff regarding Ada programs and plans;
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Communication Proficiency;
- Financial Management;
- Takes Initiative;
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility;
- Results Driven;
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Bachelor’s degree or related equivalent experience desired;
- Enthusiastic support of Ada’s mission and the ability to champion it at many different levels;
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills;
- Knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising and corporate giving;
- Possesses the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers;
- Disciplined, goal driven self-starter to initiate donor cultivation, visits, and fundraising calls;
- Highly organized with a record of successful end-to-end donor and campaign management;
- Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, demonstrates presence, self-confidence, humility, common sense, and excellent listening ability;
- Data-driven with experience establishing and/or building high-value relationships.
We encourage people of color and others who support populations of diverse cultural perspectives and/or marginalized communities to apply.
This is a full-time position with a base of 40 hours per week.
Online applications are highly encouraged. Please submit your resume and cover letter below.
TSNE MissionWorks/Ada Developers Academy envision a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks/Ada Developers Academy actively seek people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Ada Developers Academy will not discriminate in their employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law