Station1, a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, is a nonprofit organization that is building a foundation for the university of the future ― a scalable model of higher education based on inclusion and equity, learning through frontier project-based inquiry and research, and the integration of science and technology with societal perspective and impact. Station1:
- Creates and implements high quality, transformative education, research, and internship programs that bring together a diverse cohort of students, across race, gender, socioeconomic background, region, and life experiences, to foster their meaningful careers and lives in our changing world;
- Carries out specialized higher education projects, for example, in the areas of postsecondary finance, blended learning, and computer-assisted curriculum design, and;
- Collaborates with partners across academia, industry, and the public sector to catalyze and foster access and advancement of science and technology-focused higher education.
Join an exciting new nonprofit higher education venture with Station1, which was founded by Professor Christine Ortiz at MIT who focused on broadening access and inclusion, pedagogical innovation, and enhancing quality of higher education. This role is an opportunity to participate in an extraordinary green-field project with a trajectory for national and international social impact. We anticipate this internship to be approximately 10 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop public relations concepts and story ideas for Station1 activities;
- Stage and capture video footage of the Station1 team. Students and partners at various locations throughout eastern Massachusetts;
- Create and write scripts;
- Carry out interviews;
- Video edit, including integration with music, graphics, production and posting, both formal and informal.
- Residency in eastern Massachusetts;
- Available for 10 hours per week, including regular weekly meetings;
- Available for the next 3 months; 6 months preferred;
- Creative storytelling./script writing ability;
- Experience with aerial videography a plus;
- Experience with video production and editing;
- Collaborative team-player;
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Experience with social entrepreneurship in an educational startup environment;
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit, as well as strategic decision making;
- Work directly with leaders of a nonprofit organization;
- Make connections and grow a network with business leaders; and
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and a cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Station1 will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and veteran or disability status.