Training Tailored to Your Nonprofit’s Needs
What We Offer
The Adaptive Supervisor
Great human resources management and supervision are positive ways of building the effectiveness of nonprofits through staff, the greatest asset for any organization. Our on-site training, offered as individual sessions or as a series, will help ensure that your organization develops a culture of supervision. It is critical to maintaining a productive staff in the face of shifting and competing priorities. Strong supervision creates a culture of mutual respect in which employees and supervisors communicate regularly and clearly about job-related expectations, tasks and overall performance.
View a module on choosing the right supervisory style from our training.
Through this interactive training participants will:
- Identify supervisory styles and effective approaches under different conditions
- Strengthen a variety of critical forms of supervisory communication
- Develop a plan for conducting individual supervisor meetings
- Target audience: New to highly experienced supervisors working at all levels of a non-profit organization
We will work with you to customize our trainings to meet your human resources needs.
Leadership Transitions and Succession Planning
Succession planning is a critical component of nonprofit sustainability. A reported 67% of nonprofit executives plan to leave their positions in the next few years, yet only 17% of organizations have a succession plan in place. Because transitions are pivotal moments in an organizational life cycle, Third Sector New England offers workshops and customized trainings that focus on organizational sustainability and succession planning, board leadership and transition planning for long time leaders.
Organizational Sustainability and Succession Planning
TSNE offers customized trainings for organizational leaders (executive directors, staff and board members). Participants will:
- Assess their organization’s “transition readiness”
- Understand best practices and different components of succession planning
- Receive tools to increase organizational sustainability and transition readiness
- Identify priority areas of focus for organizational sustainability and begin action planning
- Understand and plan for board and staff roles in succession planning
- Have concrete steps to begin organizational sustainability and succession plan work
What's Next: Leading a Thriving Transition
What's Next engages long time leaders in strategic discussions and exercises on succession planning, leadership transitions, and the personal aspects of both that are unique to long-time leaders. Participant benefits include:
- Assessment of your organization’s “transition readiness”
- Best practices and tools to prepare for the transition
- Progress on addressing organizational vulnerabilities related to a transition
- Engagement and learning with other long time executive directors
- Motivation to plan and the steps necessary to leave
- Focused leadership related to your upcoming transition
- Celebration of your legacy!